Time to take stock and see how many miles and points I’ve earned this year solely from signup bonuses and the total came to 434,000 miles without flying.
Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I acknowledge I’m using the term miles liberally. Some of the miles that I’ve earned in 2012 are points, such as Ultimate Rewards points; Ultimate Rewards points which can be transferred to miles.
The end result, by simply applying for several credit cards I was able to earn 434,000 miles without flying, all through credit card signup bonuses.
2 Easy Steps to Earn 434,000 Miles Without Flying:
- Apply for a credit card that offers a lucrative signup bonus
- Meet the minimum spend on the credit card
As you can see, by applying for a few cards, you can leverage signup lucrative signup bonuses to allow you to fly and travel for free.
A few points to note about my results:
- The Chase Ink Bold was a targeted 50,000 signup bonus offer for one of my businesses that only required a first purchase to get the bonus. The additional 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points was due to a signup offer match.
- I calculated the 2 free nights at Hyatt at a rate of 27,000 points each because I’m redeeming them for a Category 6 property. Because what’s the point of redeeming them for a Category 1 Hyatt when you get stay at a Category 6 Hyatt.
- Only 30,000 miles from US Airways. I know, for shame. What the heck kind of miles and points blogger am I?
- The American Express Business Gold was a targeted offer for one of my businesses (not the same one as the business that was targeted by Chase).
I have a separate spreadsheet of my yearly total miles and points which include miles and points earned from flying, hotel stays, spending, category bonuses, and signup bonuses. That total is just a tad higher than 434,000.
And when I say tad, I mean trillions and decimals. Yeah, I couldn’t think of anything witty using tad as an acronym either. Trillions and decimals will have to do.
Note: All credit card links are the banks. I’m providing them as a courtesy. No financial compensation is received.
Did you like this post? Don’t want to miss any posts? You can Follow me on Twitter or Like me on Facebook. Simply sign up via the subscription links below. If you’d rather receive post updates by email, please use the box below.