2 Easy Steps to get the US Airways 5000 Bonus Miles:
1. Register for the US Airways 5000 Bonus Miles promotion here. (Promo code: SH5K should already be pre-populated.)
2. Fly US Airways Shuttle between Boston, New York, and Washington DC three times by May 31, 2013
Do I have to fly 3 roundtrips to get the 5,000 bonus miles?
No. According to the fine print, you will get the 5,000 bonus miles for every third segment flown.
Three roundtrips equals six segments; you’ll earn 10,000 bonus miles.
I’m only flying a US Airways Shuttle one way between Boston and New York, will I still earn the bonus miles?
Yes, if you fly three times.
Is there a maximum amount of bonus miles I can earn?
You can earn a maximum of 50,000 bonus miles during this promotion.
How many flights do I need to fly to earn the maximum 50,000 bonus miles?
To earn 50,000 bonus miles you’ll need to fly either:
- 15 roundtrips
- 30 one way flights
- a combination of roundtrips and one ways
Summary of the fine print:
- Registration is required
- You’ll earn 5,000 bonus miles for every third US Airways Shuttle segment flown
- Maximum of 50,000 bonus miles can be earned
- Only US Airways Shuttle nonstop flights segments between Washington DC (DCA), New York City (LGA) and Boston (BOS) are eligible to receive bonus miles
- Bonus miles do not count toward Preferred status
- Bonus miles will post 1-2 weeks after travel
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.You can also follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook.