Beach bunnies and ski bunnies are going to love the new award chart changes for Hilton in 2015.
You can hit the beach and slopes without making too big of a dent in your points pocketbook.
2015 Hilton HHonors Award Chart Changes
The changes, effective January 17, 2015, aren’t too bad and affect only 17 Hilton hotels.
Hilton Hotels Decreasing in Points
I’m pretty excited a couple of these changes especially the Hilton Bora Bora. We went to Huahine and Papeete twenty years ago and loved it. So we want to visit a few of the other Tahitian islands and paying less points is a great thing!
I stayed at the DoubleTree Breckenridge a couple years ago. The location was great and you can’t beat the chocolate chip cookies.
We were at the Hilton Waikoloa Village last year, but stayed at Kings Land because we wanted a condo. You get reciprocal privileges so we spent a day at the pool at the Hilton Waikoloa.
These five Hilton hotels will cost you less points:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge decreases to a Category 9
- DoubleTree by Hilton Ocean Point Resort & Spa decreases to a Category 8
- Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa decreases to a Category 9
- Hilton Garden Inn Gainesville decreases to a Category 5
- Hilton Waikoloa Village decreases to a Category 6
So you should wait until January 14, 2015 to book those hotels. Because unlike Hyatt where you get a point refund if your hotel costs less, you’ll end up paying more at Hilton if you book before the hotel decreases in points.
Hilton Hotels Increasing in Points
Most of the hotel increases are minor and only going down by a category. However, there is an exception.
The Doubletree by Hilton The Point Hotel in Edinburgh is going up 2 categories. This is quite painful and disappointing because instead of costing 20,000 to 30,000 Hilton points a night, you’ll pay 30,000 to 50,000 Hilton points a night.
The hotel is in a great area in the center of Edinburgh so it’s understandable that it will cost more, but kind of a bummer.
The other change I’m not happy about (nor will people who like to cruise) is the Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport.
There is no way that the Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale should be a Category 6 hotel. Sure it has a free shuttle to the airport and hot breakfast. And there’s a shuttle to the cruise port (which used to be free). But that place is not worth the Category 6 price. (Yeah, Debbie tell it like it is. Don’t hold back.)
These 12 Hilton hotels will cost more on January 14, 2015:
- Alexandra Barcelona increases to a Category 7
- Doubletree by Hilton The Point Hotel increases to a Category 6
- DoubleTree by Hilton Asheville – Biltmore increases to a Category 6
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phoenix Gilbert increases to a Category 5
- Hampton Inn Richmond Airport/Sandston increases to a Category 3
- Hampton Inn & Suites Destin increases to a Category 7
- Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/Airport increases to a Category 6
- Hilton Biltmore Park increases to a Category 7
- Hilton Edinburgh Airport Hotel increases to a Category 6
- Hilton Garden Inn Krakow increases to a Category 4
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Long Island City increases to a Category 6
- Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam increases to a Category 10
How do you feel about the Hilton award chart changes? Are there any changes you like?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.