2 Steps to Fast Track to Southwest A-List Status
1. Register for the promotion.
2. Fly three round-trip flights (or six one-way flights) by April 18, 2015.
If you’d rather not fly (yeah, crazy right?) you can earn 8,750 tier qualifying points by April 18, 2015.
Southwest A-List Status
- Priority check-in
- Fly By Access (priority security line)
- Priority boarding
- 25% point bonus on flights
- Standby priority
- A-List phone number
How to Earn Tier Qualifying Points on Southwest
1. Up in the Air
You earn Southwest tier qualifying points by flying:
- 6 points per $1 spent on Wanna Get Away fares
- 10 points per $1 spent on Anytime fares
- 12 points per $1 spent on Business Select fares
A $395 Wanna Get Away fare from San Diego to Chicago gets you 2,076 tier qualifying points.
While a $523 Anytime fare earns 4,651 tier qualifying points.
While you’d earn 5,894 tier qualifying points on a $551 Business Select fare from San Diego to Chicago.
So buying more expensive fares earns more tier qualifying points.
2. Put it on Plastic
If you have a Southwest credit card, you earn 1,500 tier qualifying points for every $10,000 you spend.
Summary of the Fine Print
- You have to register before flying
- Fly three round-trip flights (or six one-way flights) on Southwest by April 18, 2015. Or earn 8,750 tier qualifying points by April 18, 2015.
- Flights have to be booked between January 22, 2015 and April 18, 2015
Did you get the fast track to Southwest A-List status offer?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.