You can transfer Choice hotel points to Southwest and earn the Southwest Companion Pass.
- Southwest Companion Pass
- Transfer hotel points and earn a Southwest Companion Pass
- How to transfer Choice hotel points to earn a Southwest Companion Pass
Southwest Companion Pass
With the Southwest Companion Pass, you can bring a companion with you on any Southwest flight for free*.
*Your companion only pays the airport taxes and fees.
You have to earn 110,000 Southwest points in a calendar year to get a Southwest Companion Pass.
One of the quickest ways to earn the Companion Pass is by applying for two 50,000 points Southwest credit cards, completing the required minimum spending, and transferring hotel points (50,000 + 50,000 + 4,000 + 6,000 = 110,000).
Transfer hotel points and earn a Southwest Companion Pass
Transferred hotel points count towards earning the Southwest Companion Pass.
You can transfer the following hotel points to Southwest:
Choice hotel points transfer at a ratio of 6,000 Choice points to 1,800 Southwest points.
Club Carlson hotel points transfer to Southwest as follows:
- 2,000 Club Carlson Points = 200 Southwest Points
- 50,000 Club Carlson Points = 5,000 Southwest Points
- 100,000 Club Carlson Points = 10,000 Southwest Points
Hyatt hotel points transfer at a ratio of 2.5 Hyatt points to 1 Southwest point.
You have to transfer a minimum of 5,000 Hyatt points. And transfers after 5,000 Hyatt points must occur in 1,250 point increments. You get a bonus of 6,000 points when you transfer 50,000 Hyatt points.
Marriott hotel points transfer to Southwest as follows:
- 10,000 Marriott Points = 2,000 Southwest Points
- 20,000 Marriott Points = 5,000 Southwest Points
- 30,000 Marriott Points = 10,000 Southwest Points
- 70,000 Marriott Points = 25,000 Southwest Points
- 140,000 Marriott Points = 50,000 Southwest Points
Wyndham hotel points to Southwest as follows:
- 6,000 Wyndham Points = 1,200 Southwest Points
- 16,000 Wyndham Points = 3,200 Southwest Points
- 30,000 Wyndham Points = 6,000 Southwest Points
You get more Southwest points for fewer hotel points when you transfer Choice hotel points to Southwest.
Buy Choice hotel points for less
If you don’t have any Choice hotel points, you can buy Choice hotel points for cheap.
How to transfer Choice hotel points to earn a Southwest Companion Pass
3 Easy steps to transfer Choice hotel points to Southwest
1. Sign into your Choice account and click on “Redeem Points”
From the list on the left side of your screen, click on “Redeem points.”
2. Scroll down to Airline Rewards and click on “View Options”
Scroll down the various options to redeem your Choice hotel points until you reach the Airline Rewards square, click on “View Options.”
Click on “Redeem” in the Southwest rectangle.
3. Choose the amount of Choice hotel points you want to transfer and click “Redeem Points”
Select how many Choice hotel points you want to transfer and click “Redeem Points.”
6,000 Choice hotel points transfer to 1,800 Southwest points.
You can transfer a maximum of 150,000 Choice hotels points for 45,000 Southwest points at one time.
Transferring three sets of Choice hotel points (18,000) will get you 5,400 Southwest points.
Enter your Southwest account number. (must have 14 digits)
If you’ve had your Southwest account for a long time, you may have to add several zeros before your Southwest account number to get to 14 digits.
You’ll be given a confirmation number.
After 9 days, you’ll see the points posted to your Southwest account.
Have you transferred Choice hotel points to Southwest?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.