I've won another Versatile Blogger Award and Liebster Award. And I'm finally getting around to announcing them…
What should I say in my acceptance speech for the Liebster Award?
“Thank you, thank you, very much.” (in my best Elvis voice)
Or maybe go with this one, “I’d like to thank the Academy for this award..the Liebster Award.”
Oh wait, it’s not a real award? Suffering Succotash!
The Liebster Award also known as the Liebster Blog Award is a fun way to introduce other blogs through a blog chain letter of sorts.
According to the “rules” you list 11 (3, 5, or 11, depending on what you read) random facts about yourself, pick 11 nominees to pass the Liebster Award along to, and pose 11 questions to them.
Andrea, from WanderingiPhone, nominated me two weeks ago while I was in between trips to Australia and Alaska, I’m getting ready to leave for Canada so it’s time for me to fulfill my obligation and get this show on the road.
5 Things to do When You’ve Been Nominated for the Liebster Award
- Graciously accept your nomination but refrain from buying a new dress
- Answer the 11 questions posted by your nominator truthfully or creatively, it’s your call
- Nominate 11
victimsbloggers – hopefully they consider it a honor instead of unfollowing you
- Come up with 11 questions – someone has to share in the pain
- Sit back as the money from advertising rolls in – Oh, wait, that’s right. There’s no financial recognition from The Liebster Blog award.
- Scratch 5 – replace with Have fun
While I am a rule follower, I’m changing the rules. I’m skipping the 11 random facts. Who has time to come up with 11 facts, answer 11 questions, and then come up with 11 new questions? Not me so I’m skipping the random facts and getting straight to the nitty gritty.
Questions From My Nominator
1. Name 3 places on your travel list
Antarctica, Africa, the Amazon
2. What’s the 1 thing you cannot travel without?
3. Who is your travel hero?
4. What is your favorite travel book? Can be anything from a Lonely Planet Guide to a book like Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway or On The Road by Jack Kerouac
My favorite book is banned in several countries.
5. If you could time travel back in time, where would you go and why?
To the first meeting of our forefathers when they talking about the Constitution and the Bill or Rights.
6. What is your favorite travel movie?
The Princess Bride – they travel to find rescue Buttercup
7. What camera do you use for your travel photos?
Nikon D50, Nikon D7000, Canon Powershot SD850 IS, and my iPhone
8. What’s the most adventurous or dangerous thing you’ve done on your travels.
I walked across an active lava flow.
9. What is your least favorite destination and why?
Mexico – it’s just not my thing.
10. Do you try to speak the language of the country you’re visiting?
No, because I feel like an idiot when I do.
11. Do you prefer to travel solo or with family or friends?
Solo – I like the freedom of my own plans and itinerary.
My 11 Nominees
I’ve chosen a mix of travel, miles and points, and other blogs.
MrPickles – TheMrPickles
Stacey – Very Good Points
FriendlySkies – FriendlySkies
Jenn – The Rebel Chick
Kim – Kim Olson Photo
Cassie – Ever in Transit
Heather – United States of Motherhood
Laura – Edgy June Travels
Chrissy – The Taylor House
Questions For My Nominees
1. What’s your preference – hotel or hostel?
2. How many trips do you take a year?
3. Have you ever used a tablet to take a photo or video?
4. What destination would you love to go to but are afraid to visit?
5. When you travel, do you plan a daily itinerary of places to see?
6. Have you ever eaten at an American fast food restaurant while traveling in another country?
7. How early do you arrive at the airport before your flight?
8. What is your favorite food?
9. What conferences are you attending this year? (Blogging or miles and points)
10. Are you a PC or a Mac?
11. Why did you start your blog?
For my nominees, comment with your post on the Liebster Award and/or tweeting me.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.