In May a couple weeks before my 19-day quasi-round the world trip, I bought a Sony…
Say goodbye to shaky, unfocused videos, say hello to DJI OM 4. DJI OM 4 is the newest smartphone gimbal stabilizer for your mobile phone.
Whether you’re a blogger, vlogger, have kids in sports, or just want the latest tech gadget, you’re going to love the DJI OM 4.
This foldable, compact gimbal works with the power of magnets. The quick-release is a new feature that isn’t available in previous versions, like the DJI Osmo Mobile 3.
The magnetic release is one of my favorite features of the DJI OM 4. You can use the magnetic ring or the magnetic phone clamp. The magnetic ring is perfect for smaller smartphones.
Pro-tip: Once you attach the ring to your phone, DJI recommends you don’t remove it.
You have to wait 12 hours before attaching your phone to the DJI OM 4.
The magnetic phone clamp works best on larger smartphones. And you don’t have to permanently affix it.
You can use the magnetic phone clamp on smaller phones but you may need to add a silicone pad between the magnetic phone clamp and the back of the phone.
Pro-tip: Before using the OM 4 , you have to install the DJI Mimo app.
Easy to Use
You’ll love how easy it is to use the DJI OM 4.
Power the OM 4 on, connect via Bluetooth, log in on the app, and it automatically balances the gimbal!
Pro-tip: If your gimbal is unbalanced, check if your phone is properly mounted, perform a gimbal auto calibration, and horizontal gimbal adjustment in the app.
I don’t know about you but balancing was always tricky for me with my DJI Osmo Mobile 2
The included tripod is another great perk letting you take hands-free photos. Great if you’re taking a cooking class while traveling, doing a craft, or anything where you need your hands to be on something other than your phone.
DJI OM 4 Features
Some cool features of the DJI OM 4 include:
- 3-Axis stabilization – for smooth, steady video
- Active Travel – accurately track all your subject
- DynamicZoom – adds a little Hollywood production value to your videos that lets you keep your subject in focus while you zoom in or out Dolly Zoom effect made famous in Alfred Hitchcock’s movie, Vertigo
- Gesture Control – the perfect hands-free option lets you control the DJI OM 4 remotely
- Story Mode – present templates, music, and color palates to enhance your videos
- CloneMe Pano – create a panoramic photo from multiple photos
- Timelapse – easily create timelapse photos and videos
- Slow Motion
- Motionlapse – create moving timelapse videos
- Spinshot Mode – give your videos a spinning effect
- Sport Mode – faster tracking for action shots
The DJI OM 4 comes with several handy accessories: magnetic ring holder, magnetic phone clamp, wrist strap, grip tripod, power cable, and storage pouch.
Who Should Get the DJI OM 4
DJI OM 4 is great for anyone with a smartphone.
You don’t have to blog, vlog, or be a filmmaker to appreciate the handiness of a mobile gimbal.
If you’re tired of shaky video and want epic memories, you need the DJI OM 4.
Where do you plan to take your DJI OM 4?
Comment, tweet, or share this post.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Featured image courtesy of DJI
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.