Did you miss out on getting tickets to the Great American Beer Festival? Get ready…
Put on your dancing shoes, pack your sunscreen, and prepare to have a great time at the Railbird Festival on a budget.
This handy guide will help you make the most of your time at Railbird Festival, teach you how to get free Railbird Fest tickets, how to save on parking, and how to save on accommodations. Everything you need to know about saving money at Railbird Festival.
If you’re looking for things to do in Kentucky this weekend, you’ll want to check out Railbird Festival.
- How to Do Railbird Festival on a Budget
- Horses, Food, and Bourbon
- Railbird Festival Tickets
- How to Save on Railbird Festival Tickets
- How to Save on Parking at Railbird Festival
- How to Save on Accommodations
How to Do Railbird Festival on a Budget
Railbird Festival is a two-day music festival in Lexington as only the Bluegrass State can deliver. Music, food, bourbon, and horses. Does it get any better?
In a word, no.
So hightail it out to Lexington, Kentucky for the first annual Railbird Festival at Keeneland from August 10, 2019 to August 11, 2019.
Yes, you read that right. First annual. So if you can’t make it to Lexington this week, start making plans for next year because the lineup for this year is epic. Imagine how amazing next year’s going to be.
Three stages, more than 30 bands including The Raconteurs, Hozier, Brandi Carlile, Tyler Childers, Lucinda Williams, Mavis Staples, and more!
Horses, Food, and Bourbon
Because it’s at Keeneland, horses come into play. You can view morning workouts and tour the Winstar facilities. Watch off-track racing (and place bets) at Del Mar from the air-condition lounge at Lucky Day plaza.
Or take a break from the ponies and enjoy the culinary adventures featuring James Beard nominee Ouita Michael, Top Chef season 16 runner up Sara Bradley, and more.
Kentucky and Bourbon, enough said. While at Railbird Festival stop by the Rickhouse for bourbon tasting from Blanton’s, Buffalo Trace, Old Forester, Pinhook and Weller.
Railbird Festival Tickets
Railbird Festival tickets sell as individual day tickets or two-day tickets for General Admission and VIP tickets. Superfecta tickets are sold as 2-day tickets only. General Admission ticket prices will increase. The sooner you buy your tickets, the less you’ll pay.
General Admission tickets include :
- 30+ performances across three stages over two days
- Lucky Day Plaza feat. air-conditioned lounge and bar, Keeneland’s BETologists, and live streams of Saratoga and Del Mar
- The Rickhouse feat. festival barrel selections and bourbon tastings
- Plus more on site experiences to be announced soon!
General Admission 2-day tickets start at $120 + fees. Single day General Admission tickets start at $80 + fees.
VIP tickets include all the amenities of General Admission plus:
- Air-conditioned lounge with private bar at the Limestone Stage
- Access to Grandstand padded seating with elevated viewing at Limestone Stage
- VIP viewing areas at the Limestone & Elkhorn stages
- Air-conditioned Elkhorn Stage lounge with private bar at The Clubhouse
- Discounted drinks at VIP bars and daily happy hours
- Friday night opening reception + optional Friday night dinner
- Private restroom trailers, free parking and fast-track entrance to the festival
- Commemorative Railbird merch package
VIP 2-day tickets cost $475 + fees. Single day VIP tickets cost $275 + fees.
Superfecta tickets include all the amenities of General Admission and VIP plus:
- Complimentary beer, wine, and non-alcoholic beverages at all Superfecta bars
- Access to shaded Limestone Stage Sky Deck lounge and private bar atop the Grandstand
- Exclusive pit viewing with private bar at Limestone Stage
- Elevated viewing on the shaded Clubhouse deck at the Elkhorn Stage
- Curated Friday dinner from Executive Chef Marc Therrien at the Saddling Paddock at Keeneland
- Complimentary trackside brunch from Executvie Chef Marc Therrien with bloody mary and mimosa bar (choice of Saturday or Sunday)
- Morning Thoroughbred workouts with guided tour of Keeneland’s grounds
- Free valet parking on site
Superfecta tickets cost $895 + fees.
How to Save on Railbird Festival Tickets
The best way to do Railbird Festival on a budget is to buy your tickets and passes in advance.
Kids Go Free
Railbird Festival is family-friendly so bring the young ones because kids go free.
At Railbird Festival children 10 years old and younger go free. For each adult ticket purchased, two kids get in free.
Family-friendly activities include pony rides, musical workshops, arts and crafts, and more!
Pro-tip: Got extra kids? Partner up with your single neighbor or DINK friends.
Follow on Social Media
Follow Railbird Festival and all the performers on social media. Railbird Fest and several musicians gave away free tickets. They may do so for next year too!
Earned Ticket Program
Save your cash and take part in Railbird Festival’s Earned Ticket Program. Do good and get rewarded with a free ticket.
When you volunteer with one of Railbird Fest’s non-profit partners you earn a free General Admission ticket.
It’s a win-win for everyone. You get a free ticket to Railbird Festival, the non-profits get help, and you get a warm fuzzy feeling for doing good.
How to Save on Parking at Railbird Festival
Parking for Railbird Festival is available at Keeneland: advanced purchase (ended) and on site daily for $20 a day.
If you didn’t buy advanced purchase parking, consider carpooling.
Uber or Lyft
Save money, time, and a few steps of taking Uber of Lyft to Railbird Festival. Designated drop-off and pickup areas for Uber and Lyft by the Clubhouse.
If you’re new to Uber, signup with my Uber referral link for a $20 Uber credit.
Get a $10 Lyft credit on your first ride when you use my promo code DEBRA191454.
How to Save on Accommodations
Coming from out of town or want to stay up late and sleep in?Railbird Festival has discounted prices on hotels. Some hotels like Hyatt Place Lexington include free breakfast.
Missed out on a hotel? Try Airbnb.
Railbird Festival is a two-day musical festival that embodies everything that is the Bluegrass State: music, horses, food, and bourbon.
The first annual Railbird Festival starts today, August 10, 2019, and ends tomorrow, August 11, 2019.
You can buy a single day pass or two-day passes. General Admission, VIP Pass, and Superfecta Pass are available.
Can’t make it to Lexington in time? Start planning for next year. You’ll save the most money when you buy your tickets in advance. Layaway plans available. Watch the Railbird Fest site for details.
Bring the kids because children aged 10 and younger go free. Each paying adult can bring in two kids for free.
Save on parking fees by using Uber, Lyft, or carpooling.
Any tips I missed on how to do Railbird Festival on a budget?
Comment, tweet, or share this post.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.