There's still time to grab a few of these Cyber Monday travel deals 2018. Cyber Monday…
Haven’t planned your holiday trip yet? No need to fret because there’s still cheap last minute deals for Christmas and New Years Eve. Get ready to start packing your bag because here are X last minute cheap Christmas and holiday getaways.
From the beaches of Costa rico to Singapore, you can still find an affordable airfare over the holidays, with round-trip flights as low as $99. Instead of wrapping presents, how about packing a suitcase and hitting the road?
A reader, Nanci Jo, called me last week asking for help for a friend, Bradley, who wants to go away over the holidays. Specifically, where could he fly to from December 21, 2015 to January 5, 2016 without paying a fortune.
If you’re looking to travel before Christmas and through New Years, here are the best picks for last minute holiday trip.
Beach lovers and ecotourists love Costa Rica. Spend the day bird watching, trekking, hiking active volcanoes, or chillin’ on the beach.
Cheap Flights to Costa Rica
You can book cheap round-trip flights to Costa Rica from:
- Chicago to Costa Rica from $497
- Dallas to Costa Rica from $521
- Las Vegas to Costa Rica from $473
- Los Angeles to Costa Rica from $539
- New York to Costa Rica from $448
- San Diego to Costa Rica from $477
You don’t need a visa to visit Costa Rica but your passport needs one blank page.
Seattle offers a little bit of everything from outdoor activities, funky restaurants and eateries, to culture.
Discounted round-trip flights over the holidays:
- Chicago to Seattle from $319
- Dallas to Seattle from $248
- Los Angeles to Seattle from $203
- New York to Seattle from $379
- San Diego to Seattle from $230
Love architecture? Consider a trip to Moscow to see Russian buildings and Orthodox churches.
Cheap Flights to Moscow
- Dallas to Moscow from $870
- Los Angeles to Moscow from $898
- New York to Moscow from $675
- San Diego to Moscow from $898
You need a visa to visit Moscow. And your passport needs two blank pages and has to be valid for six months after your visit.
From drinks like a Singapore Sling to shopping and art galleries, you’ll find something to keep you busy in Singapore.
- Los Angeles to Singapore from $1,358
- New York to Singapore from $1,416
- San Diego to Singapore from $1,317
No visa is required for Singapore, but your passport has to be valid for six months after your stay.
One reason to travel to Ecuador: It’s the middle of the world. If that doesn’t satisfy you, how about the Galapagos, lakes, mountains, food, and culture?
Cheap Flights to Ecuador
- Chicago to Ecuador from $700
- Dallas to Ecuador from $879
- Las Vegas to Ecuador from $785
- Los Angeles to Ecuador from $927
- Miami to Ecuador from $508
- New York to Ecuador from $632
- San Diego to Ecuador from $885
Your passport needs to be valid for six months after your visit and have one blank page.
Ski Resorts like Steamboat Springs via Denver
You can visit the Mile High City for great craft beer, art, and culture. Or head to the mountains (Vail, Steamboat Springs, or Breckenridge) for fresh powder.
- Chicago to Denver from $139
- Dallas to Denver from $99
- Los Angeles to Denver from $127
- Miami to Denver from $179
- New York to Denver from $347
- San Diego to Denver from $177
There’s still time to book a last minute vacation over Christmas and New Years. Inexpensive flights make these six destinations my top picks for last minute holiday travel. Round-trip airfare starts at $99.
Have you already planned your holiday trip?
Nanci Jo, hope this helps Bradley find someplace to spend the holidays.
Where would you go for a cheap last minute holiday trip?
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.