Here’s a summary of this week's miles and points offers, deals, and specials: Credit Cards…
Here’s a summary of this week’s miles and points offers, deals, and specials:
- Up to 25,000 Bonus Miles on American or British Airways. You can earn up to 25,000 bonus miles each time you fly round-trip between the U.S., Canada, or Mexico and Europe on American Airlines, British Airways, Iberia, Finnair or OpenSkies between now and January 31, 2014. You’ll earn 25,000 miles for First/Business Class, 15,000 miles for Premium Economy, and 10,000 miles for Full-Fare Economy. Bonus miles are unlimited so the more you fly the more you’ll earn. Registration is required.
- 30,000 Miles Economy Round-trip To Europe or 55,000 Miles in Business Class On Lufthansa. You can travel to Europe at half the mileage cost. Lufthansa is offering discounts on award redemptions now through October 31, for travel from October 8 through November 16, 2013.
- 25% Discount For Buying United Miles. From now until December 31, you can save 25% when you buy United miles. You can buy up to 100,000 miles in a calendar year. Buying miles isn’t the most cost effective way to earn miles, unless you need a couple thousand for an award ticket.
- 10-50% Rebate on Redeemed US Airways Miles. Check your email, US Airways Mastercard cardholders received targeted offers of rebates for redeeming miles. Rebate offers varied between 10-50% and are valid on award travel reservations made now through November 30. You must redeem a minimum of 20,000 miles and complete travel by March 31, 2014. Maximum rebate limit is 30,000 miles.
- 100% Mileage Bonus on US Airways. You can receive either a 50% or 100% mileage bonus from now through November 17 when you fly US Airways. You’ll get a 50% mileage bonus on flights if you: spend $2,000 on your US Airways Mastercard, book with a hotel or rental car partner. You’ll receive a 100% mileage bonus on flights when you: spend $4,000 on your US Airways Mastercard, fly to/from Charlotte, Mexico City, or Washington DC, fly a shuttle flight, get or renew club membership. Registration is required.
- 100% Bonus Shared Miles from US Airways. Until October 15, you can share up to 50,000 miles and the recipient will get a 100% bonus. If you shared the maximum amount of miles, (50,000), the person you shared the miles with, will get 100,000 miles. Sharing miles isn’t free, it will cost you $568.
- 50,000 Miles from Virgin Atlantic. This offer is being promoted as a Virgin Atlantic 65,000 miles offer, but for most, it’s really a 50,000 mile offer. You can get 50,000 miles when you sign up for the Virgin Atlantic Mastercard. You’ll get 20,000 miles after your first purchase; an additional 25,000 miles after you spend $2,500 in the first 3 months, and 5,000 miles after you add 2 authorized users to your account. You can get an additional 15,000 miles on your card anniversary – if you keep this card. Virgin Atlantic miles transfer to Hilton HHonors points on a 1:2 ratio. This is not my affiliate link, nor do I have any credit card affiliate links, just passing along the information.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.