Update: The credit card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our travel rewards card page for the latest offers.
On the fence about applying for an American Express Platinum Card? American Express is offering 100,000 Membership Rewards points for a limited time.
What exactly is a limited time? This offer can be pulled any day, any minute so act fast because this offer doesn’t come around often.
2 Easy Steps to 100,000 Membership Rewards Points:
- Complete the 100,000 Membership Rewards points application
- Spend $3,000 in the next three months
The American Express Platinum card has an annual fee of $450.
But you get a $200 airline fee credit so it offsets the annual fee a bit.
Is this card for you?
If you’re new to Membership Rewards it’s a great introduction since this type of offer is few and far between. Not to belabor the point but again, this is one of those act now offers.
Highlights of this card:
- $200 Airline fee credit
- Starwood Gold Status
- Complimentary Airport Lounge Access to American Airlines Admirals Clubs, Delta Sky Clubs, US Airways Clubs (Note: ticket not required for US Airways Clubs), and Airspace Lounges for yourself and up to two traveling companions or your spouse and children under age 21. (Beginning March 22, 2014, American Express Card Members will no longer have access to American Airlines Admirals Club and US Airways Club airport lounges through Airport Club Access / Airport Lounge Program.)
- Complimentary Priority Pass Select membership giving you access to over 600 airport lounges in 100 countries
- Global Entry Fee Rebate (here’s my post from my personal blog about how quick and easy it is to get Global Entry)
- Free International Companion Ticket when you buy a full-fare first or business class ticket
- $300 per stateroom shipboard credit or a two category stateroom upgrade and other amenities when you cruise with Azamara, Celebrity, Crystal, Cunard, Holland, Paul Gauguin, Princess, Regent Seven Seas, Silversea, Uniworld, Windstar and Seabourn
- Fine Hotels & Resorts Program access that gets you room upgrades, free breakfast for two, 4pm checkout, and other amenities
- Premium Car Rental Program gives you elite status with Avis, Hertz, and National.
- Purchase Protection
One thing to keep in mind: If you’ve applied for a Green or Gold card within the last 90 days or have previously had the American Express Platinum card within the last 12 months you would not be eligible for the 100,000 Membership Rewards points offer.
Are you going to apply? I’ve checked my last Amex application dates and I’m eligible.
Thanks to Travel Summary for the heads up.
Note: I’m providing the Credit card application link is provided as a courtesy. No financial compensation is received. Travel Summary may receive financial compensation for using the credit card application link.
Did you like this post? Don’t want to miss any posts? You can Follow me on Twitter or Like me on Facebook. Simply sign up via the subscription links below. If you’d rather receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.