I frequently hear the question, “Are you traveling again?” from family and friends. This time, however, all my luggage is not in a pile in my bedroom, unlike my trip before I posted Might Be A Sign That You Travel Too Much.
I admit, maybe I do travel a wee bit much. Yikes, did I just say that out loud?
It brings to mind the question, how much travel is too much? So I came up with this list to see if you suffer from frequent traveler syndrome.
20 Signs You Travel Too Much
1. Your family and friends ask you for travel advice instead of using a travel agent or Google.
2. You have the in-flight menu memorized.
3. You have more foreign currency in your wallet than currency from your own country.
4. You’re not sure what time or day it is because you cross the International Date Line frequently.
5. Other passengers mistake you for off-duty flight crew.
6. You’ve lived in the same house or apartment for over twenty years but the neighbors think you’ve just moved in.
7. You take your cue for which side of the road to drive in by the location of the steering wheel in the rental car.
8. You’re read more USA Todays than your local paper.
9. Most of your Facebook friends live in other states or countries.
10. When asked to show ID, you automatically pull out your passport.
11. You have a permanent spot at the off-airport parking lot.
12. You can pack for a multi-week trip in less than 30 minutes.
13. Tourist boards ask you for tips and things to do in their city.
14. You’re on a first name basis with the TSA agents at the airport.
15. When you’re not traveling, the airlines call to make sure you’re okay.
16. The only toiletries in your home are travel sized.
17. You leave your mail on permanent vacation hold, only stopping by the post office in between trips.
18. You carry 2 passports, not because you have dual citizenship, but because the first passport is full but has unexpired foreign visas.
19. Your credit card company issues a fraud alert only when your credit card is used in your own country versus when it’s used abroad.
20. The Passport Office sends you a postcard reminder to renew your passport. (Not true, but wouldn’t that be nice.)
Can you relate? Do you exhibit any of the 20 signs you travel too much?
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.You can also follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.