American Airlines’ New Elite Rewards Program is revealed.
In the past, American Airlines rewards their elite members at different levels: those who were Executive Platinum Status (EXP) had to fly more than a Gold member. Now the playing field is leveled.
2 Easy Steps American Airline’s New Elite Rewards Program
1) Register for Elite Rewards prior to December 31, 2013, using promotion code ELTA3.
2) Fly on American Airlines
Requirements to earn rewards:
- Milestone 1 – 40,000 miles or points or 45 segments
- Milestone 2 – 75,000 miles or points or 80 segments
- Milestone 3 – 125,000 miles or points or 130 segment
- Milestone 4 – 150,000 miles or points or 160 segments
3 Exciting New changes
1) All Elite members can earn an award with minimal miles or segments flown
2) Elite members can earn rewards once a milestone has been completed and can earn up to four rewards
3) Segments flown now count towards earning elite rewards
So the more you fly, the more rewards you can earn.
Complete details about American’s New Elite Rewards program, FAQs, and the fine print can be found here.
I’m a bit pressed for time this afternoon so I apologize for not including a summary of the fine print like I normally do for all promotions. I’ll try to add it later tonight.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.You can also follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.