To steal a line from one of the greatest writers, Mark Twain, “the reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.”
While I haven’t been traveling through time like Bill and Ted, I have been on a 10-day, 25 flight mileage run.
Some highlights of the trip include:
- Flying First Class on American’s new A319 from Los Angeles to New York (LAX to JFK)
- Being detained by immigration in Central America
- Camping with the homeless
- Not having a bed until 4 days into our adventure
- Visiting the Gates of Hell
- Walking through lava tubes
- Being swarmed by hundreds of bats
- Missing a flight which created a domino affect
- Learning about the 12th man
- Eating in a restaurant where trapeze artists perform inches above our heads
- Performing live in concert
- Watching someone from coach self-upgrade to Business Class
- Being victims of the Winter Snow storm 2014
- Flying First Class on United’s Dreamliner from Newark to Seattle (EWR to SEA)
Adding to the excitement, I traveled with a friend who I’ve never traveled with before.
Considering we only got about 30 hours of sleep, were zigzagging across the US and down to Central America, and managed to have fun the entire time without killing each other despite the travel snafus, I call that a win.
It was so much fun, we’re going to do it again in less than two weeks.
And did I mention that I’m still traveling…
When I get a moment where I’m not trying to get to yet another flight or actually sleeping, I’ll post trip reports.
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.