In response to Delta’s Double Mile offer last week (double redeemable miles not elite qualifying miles), Alaska Airlines is offering Double Elite Qualifying Miles.
2 Easy Steps to Earn Double Elite Qualifying Miles on Alaska Airlines
1. Register for the Double Elite Qualifying Miles promotion prior to flying.
2. Fly on Alaska Airlines between October 22, 2013 and May 31, 2014 from Seattle and one of the following cities:
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Santa Rosa
Only nonstop flights between Seattle and Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose, and Santa Rosa will qualify for Double Elite Qualifying miles.
I already have flights booked on Alaska between Seattle and one of those cities, will I get Double Elite Qualifying Miles?
I’m going to say, yes. The fine print only states that you have to register prior to flying. So I’m taking this as previously booked flights qualify for the double elite qualifying miles promotion.
Can I double dip? Get double elite qualifying miles and get 10,000 bonus miles?
Again, I’m going to say, yes. Both promos don’t specify that they can’t be combined so if there is not any mention, then one would assume that they can be combined.
So you could fly from Seattle to Los Angeles, Seattle and Las Vegas, or Seattle and San Francisco and get:
- Double Elite Qualifying Miles
- 10,000 bonus redeemable miles (if you fly 3 times)
Summary of the fine print:
- Registration is required prior to flying
- Double Elite Qualifying Miles valid on nonstop flights from October 22, 2013, through May 31, 2014, between Seattle and: Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Oakland (OAK), San Francisco (SFO), San Jose (SJC), or Santa Rosa (STS)
- Flights must be credited to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™
- Travel must be completed by May 31, 2014
- Double Elite Qualifying Miles not awarded on free or award travel
- Double Elite Qualifying Miles may take 4-6 weeks to post.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.