From now through February 15, 2013* you can earn double miles on American Airlines. US…
Christmas has come early – it’s Double Miles on American Airlines!
When you fly on American Airlines from November 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012 you will earn double miles on American Airlines.
The best part of the double miles on American Airlines promotion:
Both Double Elite Qualifying Miles and Double Redeemable Miles will be awarded during this promotion.
All you need to do is register using promotion code: AATHX.
The second best part of the double miles on American Airlines promotion:
Double Elite Qualifying Miles (DEQM) and Double Redeemable Miles (DRM) will be awarded retroactively.
3 Easy Steps to Earn Double Miles on American Airlines:
- Register for the Double Miles promotion using promo code: AATHX prior to December 31, 2012.
- Fly on any American Airlines flight from November 1 – December 31, 2012 and you’ll earn DEQM (Double Elite Qualifying Miles).
- Fly on any American Airlines flight from November 16 – November 26, 2012 and you’ll earn DRDM (Double Redeemable Miles). Elite members will receive double redeemable miles from November 1 – December 31, 2012.
What’s the catch? Aka the fine print:
There really isn’t a catch for this promotion since it’s a win-win for everyone: American Airlines and the consumer.
- Existing reservations qualify for the double miles promotion – in the past you had to purchase your ticket during the promotion’s time frame. This is not the case with the double miles on American Airlines promotion.
- You can register as late as December 31, 2012 – so if you’re just reading this at 5pm on December 31, 2012 (yeah because you have nothing better to do on New Year’s Eve) you can still register and earn the double miles
- Retroactive miles will be awarded
- The first batch of DEQM will be 3-4 weeks after your flight, afterwards DEQM will post weekly – so if you’re close to a status tier, you’ll reach it sooner
em>Did you like this post? Don’t want to miss any posts? You can Follow me on Twitter or Like me on Facebook. Simply sign up via the subscription links below. If you’d rather receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.