Interested in learning tips on how to travel for free? Come attend the Family…
Did you miss the Family Travel for Real Life Conference last week?
No worries, because here’s a recap of the entire event. While I didn’t live blog like Dan from Points With a Crew, I did take notes. (Please ignore typos and formatting issues)
- Family Travel for Real Life Conference presentations
- 1) Extended travel by Shawn Coomer from Miles to Memories
- 2) Booking award tickets for 4 by Jason Steele
- 3) Earning miles without credit cards and best family programs by Phil Hall from Miles Abound
- 4) Alternatives to traditional hotel rooms by Susan DeBruhl from Carolina Travel Girl
- 5) Tricks to money at your destination by Debra Schroeder from Traveling Well for Less
- Not just for families
Family Travel for Real Life Conference presentations
1) Extended travel by Shawn Coomer from Miles to Memories
You can download a pdf copy of my notes here – FT4RL Extended Travel With Children by Shawn Coomer
2) Booking award tickets for 4 by Jason Steele
A pdf copy of my notes can be downloaded here – FT4RL – Using points on Family Travel by Jason Steele
3) Earning miles without credit cards and best family programs by Phil Hall from Miles Abound
Download a pdf copy of FT4RL – Earning Miles for the Family by Phil Milesabound.
4) Alternatives to traditional hotel rooms by Susan DeBruhl from Carolina Travel Girl
You can download the pdf copy of my notes FT4RL Alternatives to Traditional Hotel Rooms.
5) Tricks to money at your destination by Debra Schroeder from Traveling Well for Less
Because my presentation was long, I divided it into 3 parts:
Not just for families
Although it was promoted as a family travel conference, none of the presentations were family specific. Each topic applied to everyone, from the solo traveler, family travel, to the multi-generational traveler.
The conference was like a mistake airfare: some people knew about it and jumped on it, while others hadn’t heard about it, or weren’t sure. As with mistake fares, if something sounds like a great deal, just go for it!
Dia is considering doing a second Family Travel for Real Life conference. She’s still working the details of when, where and what speakers and topics, but I’ll let you know once plans have been finalized.
As with all conferences, whether or not they’re miles and points, the bulk of learning takes place in the networking sessions. This is where you can really discuss topics, get into details and pick up extra tricks.
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.