You’ve heard of Coachella and Burning Man. But have you heard of KAABOO? San Diego in September. The kids are back in school. The tourists have left. And the weather is still perfect. Not too hot and definitely not cold. And KAABOO is back. What the heck is KAABOO? Keep reading to learn more about KABOO, how to do KAABOO on a budget, how to get discounted KAABOO passes, how to save on parking, and how to save on accommodations.
- KAABOO Passes
- How to Save on KAABOO Passes
- Other Kaaboo Experiences
- How to Save on Parking at KAABOO
- How to Save on Accommodations
KAABOO is a 3-day music festival that blurs the lines between entertainment at the Del Mar Fairgrounds from September 13, 2019 to September 15, 2019.
You’ll listen to amazing live music, enjoy contemporary art, be entertained by comedians, and eat food created and prepared by top chefs.
Here’s a quick peek at the schedule.
KAABOO is open to all ages. But there are a few rules.
- Free range chicken is good. Free range children are not. Kids 17 and under have to be with a parent or guardian.
- If you’re under 18, an adult who’s 21 or older has to go with you.
- Sorry kids, ENCORE, the late night dance party is for 18 and up.
KAABOO passes are sold as individual one-day pass, two-day pass, or a 3-day pass: HANG LOOSE, HANG FIVE, HANG TEN, and ULTIMATE HANG.
- Viewing areas at all stages with close-up access (first-come, first served)
- Entrance to HUMOR ME (limited-seating)
- Access to PALATE gourmet tasting experiences (Food and beverage are not included)
- Wander through ARTWORK, KAABOO’s Contemporary Arts Fair with opportunity to purchase
- Treat yourself in INDULGENCES with spa services (Services and treatments are not included.)
- Opportunity to upgrade your pass to include a reservation at BASK, presented in partnership with Jemaa, the Nomad Pool Party at Park MGM
Single day Hang Lose passes are $129 + fees.
Two day Hang Loose passes are $230 + fees.
A Hang Loose 3 day pass is $339 + fees.
Everything in the HANG LOOSE pass plus:
- Premium viewing area at each stage
- Exclusive AMPLIFY-only performances by exclusive guest artists
- Access to AMPLIFY Escape
- Easy Access with a dedicated entry lane at the venue entrance
- Enjoy dedicated Food + Beverage options in AMPLIFY zones for purchase at select stages
- Access additional charging stations and premium AMPLIFY-only bathrooms
Single day Hang Five passes are $359 + fees.
Two day Hang Five passes are $638.47 + fees.
A Hang Five 3 day pass is $919 + fees.
The HANG TEN Experience offers you more. This 3-day pass includes everything in the Hang Loose and Hang Five pass plus:
- Be a star (or meet some) in the KAABOO Artist Lounge, where you can mingle with artists and fellow HANG TEN guests
- Score a chance for select Meet & Greets with KAABOO talent
- Snag preferred seating at HUMOR ME Comedy Club
- Exclusive onstage viewing area at Sunset Cliffs Main Stage
- Indulge in the HANG TEN lounge
- Food and drink included in designated areas
- Complimentary access to BASK, presented in partnership with Jemaa, the Nomad Pool Party at Park MGM
- Golf cart access around venue
If you want live it up, you buy a HANG TEN pass for $3,999 + fees.
The HANG TEN Experience is the cherry on the cake. This special 3-day pass includes everything in the Hang Loose, Hang Five, and Hang Ten pass plus:
- Premium front and center stage viewing
- Priority access to onstage viewing platform
- Backstage access
- Front row seating in HUMOR ME
- Unlimited complimentary beverages throughout the venue
- Front of stage cocktail service
- Priority access to meet and greets
- Access to ULTIMATE HANG lounge
- Gourmet meals curated by private chef in UH lounge
- Exclusive pre-event experience
- Dedicated on-site concierge
If you want the ultimate experience, you buy an ULTIMATE HANG pass. These are sold out.
How to Save on KAABOO Passes
The best way to do KAABOO on a budget is to buy your pass in advance.
You save $50 off a single day pass and $70 off a 3-day pass.
Kids Get in Free
Bring the kiddos because KAABOO is kid-friendly and it’s cheaper than hiring a babysitter.
Children under 2 get free KAABOO passes.
And you save 50% on Hang Loose Three Day Passes for kids ages 3 to 10.
College students can buy a single day HANG LOOSE pass for $99 or save $30 on a 3-day HANG LOOSE or HANG FIVE pass.
Offer is valid for online purchases and limited to four passes per person.
If you’re activity duty or retired military, be sure to take advantage of the military discount when purchased through GOVX.
Law Enforcement Discount
Members of law enforcement get discounted Kaaboo passes when purchased through GOVX.
First Responder Discount
First responders can buy discounted Kaaboo passes through GOVX.
Government employees can save on Kaaboo passes when purchased through GOVX.
Other Kaaboo Experiences
Kaaboo wouldn’t be Kaaboo if it didn’t offer other Kaaboo experiences like BASK and locker rentals.
Take full advantage of Kaaboo Del Mar with time in the pool. Think Vegas in Del Mar with a DJ, cocktails, and games for those aged 16 and older. BASK passes will be picked up at Kaaboo.
The BASK pass, sold as a single day or weekend pass includes:
- Access to BASK Pool (towels not included, but are available for rent)
- Dedicated BASK bars
- Bottle of water upon arrival
- Yard Games
- Bathrooms and Showers, with Make-up Mirrors
- Seating is first-come, first-served
A BASK single day pass for Friday or Sunday is $40, Saturday is $55.
A BASK weekend pass is $125.
It gets hot at the fairgrounds, you need shade. That’s where the BASK CABANA comes in.
- One bottle of wine or champagne or a bucket of beer
- Cocktail service and light food available for purchase
- Bottled water
- Access to the BASK Pool with towel service, restrooms and showers
- Phone Charging Stations
- A personal locker for your valuables
- BASK Cabanas are for guests that are 21+ only
- Up to 6 guests per Cabana (wristbands will be provided upon check-in at BASK
BASK CABANA passes are sold as single day passes. They are sold out.
Pro-tip: You need a Kaaboo pass for admission into BASK.
Keep your stuff safe at Kaaboo by renting a locker. Lockers are 11″ x 13 1/2″ x 18″, come with charging for your smart phone, and available during festival hours.
Lockers cost $20 a day or $55 for a 3-day locker.
Hang Five lockers are located in the HANG FIVE section. Lockers for HANG TEN pass holders are free and available on a first come, first served basis.
Pro-tip: If you rent a 3-day locker you can store your belongings overnight.
How to Save on Parking at KAABOO
Parking for KAABOO is available at the Del Mar Fairground: Parking passes are sold as single day or 3-day passes.
Single day parking is $40.88 + fees or $93.24 + fees for valet. Three day parking passes: 3-day pass parking for $107.51 + fees, 3-day preferred parking for $164.62 + fees or a 3-day Valet parking pass for $222.01 + fees.
Kaaboo Shuttle Bus Program
Be smart. Don’t drink and drive. Take advantage of the Kaaboo Shuttle Bus Program from Oceanside, San Diego, and San Marcos. Buses depart once a day.
Single day round trip tickets are $49, 3-day roundtrip tickets are $134.
Bus leaves from 333 N Myers Street, Oceanside, CA 92054, in front of Wyndham Resort, at 1 pm on Friday, and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday.
San Diego Gresham Street
Bus leaves from Pacific Beach Community Park, the corner of Gresham Street and Felspar Street, San Diego, CA 92109 at 1 pm on Friday, and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday.
San Diego Hard Rock
Bus leaves from 226 Sixth Avenue, San Diego, CA 92101, around the corner from Hard Rock Hotel, at 1 pm on Friday, and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday.
San Diego La Jolla
Bus leaves from 4550 La Jolla Drive, San Diego, CA 92122, outside Embassy Suites Hotel, at 1 pm on Friday, and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday.
Bus leaves from Campus Way, San Marcos, CA 92078, at the roundabout on Campus Way, corner of Campus View Drive near the Student Union building, at 1 pm on Friday, and 11 am on Saturday and Sunday.
Pro-tip: Buses will not leave Kaaboo until full.
Instead of paying to park consider taking public transportation. Yeah, I know we’re in So Cal. Few of us actually use public transportation on a regular basis. But let’s give it a shot and buy a RegionPlus Day Pass.
Uber or Lyft
Save time and hassle and ride-share. KAABOO has designated drop-off and pick-up areas for Uber and Lyft.
If you’re new to Uber, signup with my Uber referral link for a $20 Uber credit.
Get a $10 Lyft credit on your first ride when you use my promo code DEBRA191454.
How to Save on Accommodations
1. No Taxes or Resort Fees
If you’re coming from out of town or want to stay close to the action, KAABOO has discounted prices on hotels that include special perks like no taxes or resort fees and other things like free breakfast (depends on the hotel). Act quick because hotels are selling out.
Missed out on a hotel? Try Airbnb.
KAABOO is a 3-day festival that combines music, comedy, art, and food for a not-to-be-missed experience.
You can buy a single day pass or a HANG LOOSE, HANG FIVE, or HANG TEN 3-day pass.
Whichever pass you buy, you’ll save the most when you buy it in advance.
Be sure to bring the grommets because kids 2 and under are free. And children ages 3 to 10 get a 3-day Hang Loose pass for half off.
The kiddos aren’t the only ones entitled to discounts. College students, activity duty and retired military can buy $99 single day passes or save $30 off a 3-day pass.
Save on parking fees with Uber, Lyft, or public transportation. You can buy a $12 RegionPlus Day Pass and get unlimited rides on MTS buses, the Trolley, Breeze, Coaster, and Sprinter.
Now you know to how to do KAABOO on a budget. See you at KAABOO!
Pin this to your travel, vacation, travel tips, or music board:
Comment, tweet, or share this post.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Featured image courtesy of KAABOO.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.