You can earn Hyatt points on IfOnly through January 31, 2018. Got a stash of points? You can also use your points to pay for IfOnly experiences.
Earn Hyatt Points on IfOnly
If you’re trying to stock on Hyatt points, here’s another Hyatt promotion.
You can earn Hyatt points on IfOnly for exclusive experiences in the US and Europe when you book using these links:
- World of Hyatt Travel Experiences
- World of Hyatt Chicago
- World of Hyatt San Francisco
- World of Hyatt New York
When you book an activity through January 31, 2018, you earn 3 Hyatt points per $1.
Points are bonus points and don’t count towards your base points or earning elite status. You don’t earn points on taxes, shipping, or gratuity. But there’s no limit to how many points you can earn. 🙂
IfOnly purchases do not count as a travel purchase. So there’s no additional benefit if you used a card that gives you bonus points for travel like the Barclay Arrival Plus World Elite MasterCard.
Pro-tip: Only the person booking the trip earns points. So if the activity is for 2 or more people, the person who booked will earn points, the others will not.
What is IfOnly
Trips cost $25 to $10,000 per person.
The neat thing is that IfOnly donates a portion of the funds to charity. Each experience benefits a different organization. You can see which charity the activity supports on the details page.
Here are a few I’m interested in:
- 1893 World’s Fair Walking Tour with Bars
- Private Photography Session with Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer Vincent Laforet
- Afternoon Apprenticeship at Barbuto with Chef Jonathan Waxman
- Hands-on Drone Training with FAA Commercial Pilots (and you get a drone!)
Pay for IfOnly Experiences with Hyatt Points
If you’re points rich and cash poor, you can pay for IfOnly experiences with Hyatt points.
There’s a fixed cost for points:
- $50 per person activity costs 7,000 points
- $100 per person experience is 13,000 points
- $800 per person trip costs 100,000 points
- $1,000 per person experience is 125,000 points
Pro-tip: The point cost per person is sometimes less on trips for more people. The 1893 World’s Fair tour cost 7,000 points for 1 person but only 6,500 points per person for 2 people.
Summary of the Fine Print
The fine print:
- You earn 3 bonus Hyatt points per $1 spent on experiences through January 31, 2018
- Only trips booked on the IfOnly World of Hyatt websites qualify for Hyatt points:
- Points will post within 4 to 6 weeks after your experience
- Unused IfOnly awards are forfeited.
- IfOnly awards can’t be sold or traded.
You can earn Hyatt points on IfOnly. You earn 3 Hyatt points per $1 spent (less taxes, gratuity, and applicable shipping).
Points earned are bonus points and don’t count towards base points or elite status.
This is a great way to earn extra points for booking trips and experiences. Plus I love the do good aspect. It’s nice that IfOnly purchases support many charities.
You can also redeem Hyatt points to pay for IfOnly activities.
Which IfOnly activities interest you?
Comment, share this post, tweet, or give me a +1.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Read our blog via RSS feed.