Hate finding out later that the price of your airline ticket, hotel, or rental car dropped? I do too. But there’s a little travel secret that will save you money: Expedia Best Price Guarantee. You can confidently book your travel with Expedia and know you’re paying the cheapest price. Keep reading for my pro travel hack: the how to guide on Expedia Best Price Guarantee.
The How to Guide on Expedia Best Price Guarantee
There is only one thing you should know: how to get a refund on the difference in price and your $50 travel coupon.
I was searching for flights on Expedia, instead of Google Flights. Because sometimes you can find special deals, cheaper rates and more options on Expedia and Travelocity. A great thing about booking with Expedia is their Best Price Guarantee. Travelocity also has a best price guarantee program which we’ll look at in another post.
Pro-tip: Recheck your reservations, just in case the prices have dropped.
With the Expedia Best Price Guarantee, you’ll get a refund of the difference and a $50 travel coupon if you find a lower price within 24 hours of making your reservation.
The Best Price Guarantee program covers:
- Airline tickets
- Car rentals
- Tours and activities
- Vacation packages
3 Easy Steps to Expedia Best Price Guarantee
1. Find a lower price on your flight, hotel, rental car, vacation package, tour or activity
2. Fill out the Expedia Best Price Guarantee Application
3. Pocket the difference and get a $50 coupon
Let’s say you bought an airline ticket to Kauai for $488 on Expedia. But then you learn about a fare sale for $225.
Complete the Best Price Guarantee and you get a $233 refund plus a $50 future travel voucher. It’s like getting two tickets to Hawaii for the price of one and getting paid to go to Hawaii. Win-win!
What to Know About Expedia Best Price Guarantee
You have to find a lower price on the exact same itinerary.
So from our example, that Hawaii flight has to be on the same airline, day, and flight times. If you’ve booked a Delta flight and Hawaiian Airlines has a lower price, you wouldn’t qualify for the best price guarantee because it’s a different airline.
Or if you paid $488 for a Hawaiian Airlines flight on February 11, and you find a $225 flight on Hawaiian Airlines on February 12, you’re out of luck. Because you have to fly on the same day as the flight you originally booked.
The same applies to cruises, hotels, rental cars, tours, and activities. It’s has to be apples to apples. And not apples to oranges.
Summary of the Fine Print
You can read all the Best Price Guarantee terms & conditions but I’ve summed them up for you:
- Lower prices must be found within 24 hours of booking
- Must complete a Best Price Guarantee form within 24 hours of booking
- Only valid for rates found on US-based websites
- Not valid for prices found on auction and bid for travel sites
- Applies to the exact same itinerary
- Flights on Spirit Airlines are not eligible
- An Expedia account is required to get the $50 travel coupon
- Discounted group and membership rates are excluded
- Receipts for car rentals and hotel only bookings must be submitted within 30 days after travel
- Limited to one $50 coupon for each reservation
- Maximum of three, $50 coupons per customer each month
- $50 travel coupons are valid for one year after issue
You’ll get a refund of the price difference and a $50 travel coupon if you find the same flight, hotel, car rental, cruise, tour or activity for a lower price within 24 hours after booking on Expedia. It’s that simple.
I haven’t used Expedia’s Best Price Guarantee yet. I’ve used Expedia’s prices to get a lower rate using Hyatt’s best price guarantee. Stay tuned for How to Make a Profit With Expedia’s Best Price Guarantee.
Pin this to your travel, vacation, or travel tips board
Comment, tweet, or share this post.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
All three Southwest Rapid Rewards® personal credit cards are offering a huge signup bonus!