October is the best month for families who want to save money visiting San Diego. For the entire month of October, children receive free admission to San Diego attractions (including Sea World and Legoland) and museums.
And kids eat for free too!
Can’t make it to San Diego this month? Read my tricks to save money on meals when traveling and how to save money on activities when you’re on vacation.
- Free kids’ admission, meals and events in San Diego
- Kids get in free at Sea World and Aquatica San Diego
- San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park free for kids
- Kids get in free at Legoland
- Kids Free in October Coupon
- Free kids admission
- Kids eat for free
- More freebies for kids
Free kids’ admission, meals and events in San Diego
Your kids can enjoy free admission, meals and events beginning October 1, 2014 to October 31, 2014.
Dubbed as “Kidvasion,” many of San Diego’s popular attractions, museums, and restaurants are participating in Kids Free in October month.
Most San Diego attractions are offering two children aged 12 and younger free admission and meals with 1 paid adult admission and meal. However, some attractions have different age requirements.
Kids get in free at Sea World and Aquatica San Diego
Kids age 9 and younger get a free single-day admission with every paid adult single-day admission to Sea World and/or Acquatica San Diego.
Kids Free Dolphin & Beluga Interaction Program
And kids age 10 to 12 can enjoy a free Dolphin & Beluga Interaction program with each paid adult. You have to reserve your free kids Dolphin & Beluga Interaction program online or by calling Sea World at 800-257-4268.
Free Breakfast and and Dine With Shamu
Children age 3 to 9 can have breakfast or dinner with Shamu for free with each paid adult. Free kids Breakfast or Dine With Shamu reservations have to be made online or by calling Sea World at 800-257-4268.
San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park free for kids
Kids age 11 and younger get free admission to the San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park with a paid adult.
Only free entrance to the Zoo and Safari Park are included. The Zoo Guided Bus Tour, Skyfari Aerial Tram, Safari Park Africa Tram Safari, and Conservation Carousel are excluded.
You can find more San Diego Zoo kids free events here.
Kids get in free at Legoland
Kids 12 and younger can get a free one-day hopper ticket with the purchase of a one-day adult hopper ticket to Legoland and Sea Life Aquarium from October 1, 2014 to October 31, 2014.
You can buy tickets on the Legoland website using discount code: 14041.
Online tickets are valid for one year from date of purchase.
Or you can purchase tickets at Legoland using a Kids Go Free to LEGOLAND California and SEA LIFE Aquarium coupon.
Coupon can not be used with discounted tickets, Brick-Or-Treat Party Night tickets, or other discounts.
Kids Free in October Coupon
At some venues, a Kids Free in October coupon is required. There is no limit to the number of coupons you can use.
The coupon applies to admission only. Special exhibits and events are excluded. Coupon cannot be combined with any other discounts.
You can download a Kids Free in October coupon here.
Free kids admission
Your two children age 12 and younger get free admission with one paid adult admission with a Kids Free in October coupon at:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Cabrillo National Monument
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum of William Heath Davis House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center (galleries only)
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego History Center
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum
- San Diego Natural History Museum (the NAT)
- Santa Ysabel General Store
- Serra Museum
- The New Children’s Museum
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- The Water Conservation Garden
- Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center
- Timken Museum of Art
- USS Midway Museum
- Veterans Museum & Memorial Center
- Visions Art Museum
- Warner-Carillo Ranch House
- Women’s Museum of California
Kids eat for free
Kids 12 and under can eat free at these restaurants and hotels in San Diego from October 1, 2014 to October 31, 2014. Certain conditions apply. Click on each offer to read the details. For restaurants at hotels, hotel stay is not required, unless noted.
- Bahia Resort Hotel
- Barra Barra Salon at Fiesta de Reyes
- Bay Club Hotel & Marina
- Bayside Bar & Grill at the Best Western Bayside
- Blue Pearl at the Dana on Mission Bay
- Blue Wave Bar & Grill at the Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel
- Bunz Burger Joint at the Days Hotel – Hotel Circle/Sea World
- Casa Guadalajara
- Chi Chocolat Liberty Station
- Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa
- Cosmopolitan Restaurant
- Croce’s Park West
- Crowne Plaza San Diego
- Dick’s Last Resort
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Circle
- DoubleTree Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
- Embassy Suites San Diego – La Jolla (hotel stay required)
- Embassy Suites San Diego Bay – Downtown (hotel stay required)
- Hampton Inn Sea World/San Diego Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn San Diego/Del Mar
- Hilton San Diego Bayfront
- Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
- Homewood Suites by Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
- Homewood Suites by Hilton – San Diego Liberty Station
- Horton Grand Hotel
- Hotel Del Coronado
- Humphrey’s La Jolla Grill at the Sheraton La Jolla
- Humphreys Restaurant at Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa & Marina (hotel stay required)
- Kings Inn (hotel stay required)
- La Valencia Hotel
- Lael’s Restaurant at the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Lowe’s Coronado Bay Resort
- Pinzimini at the Westin San Diego Gaslamp Quarter
- Point Loma Cafe at Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside
- Porto Vista Hotel
- Ramada Conference Center
- Rayo Grille at the Holiday Inn Mission Valley
- Rei do Gado Brazilian Steak House
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter
- San Diego Marriott Mission Valley
- Sheraton Mission Valley San Diego (hotel stay required)
- Terrace Cafe at the Town and Country Resort (hotel stay required)
- The Atoll at the Catamaran Resort Hotel & Spa
- The Shores Restaurant at the La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Tidal Restaurant at Paradise Point Resort & Spa (hotel stay required)
- Torreyanna Grill at Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines
- Vigilucci’s Coronado
- W San Diego (hotel stay required)
- WaveHouse San Diego
- Westin San Diego Gaslamp (hotel stay required)
- Westin San Diego
More freebies for kids
Free rides on Amtrak
Free tours and activities
Kids ride for free with each paid adult at San Diego Speedboat Adventures.
One kid rides for free with two paid riders on FlowRider or FlowBarrel at the WaveHouse.
Kids 15 years and younger golf for free after 3 p.m. with paid adults at Maderas Golf Club. Free Calloway rental clubs included.
Four kids can tour for free with one paid adult at Suzie’s Farm.
Free welcome gifts
Kids get a free welcome gift at Tower23 Hotel.
Your kids won’t be bored this October in San Diego. Which museums and attractions are you going to visit?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.