Recently, while renewing my passport, I was reminded that many people have never gotten…
Need to get or renew a passport? Passport Day in the USA 2013 will be held on March 9, 2013.
Passport Day in the USA is the U.S. government’s way to make it easier for you and/or your family to get or renew a passport and/or passport card.
Simply head to your local passport agency or center or participating non-State Department passport application acceptance facilities on March 9, 2013 between the hours of 10 am – 3pm.
1 Easy Step to Passport Day in the USA 2013:
- Visit your local passport agency or center on March 9, 2013
Remember to bring all necessary documents (see my post on 7 tips on how to get a passport) or else you won’t be able to get your passport.
Things to keep in mind regarding passports for children:
- passports for children under the age of 16 expire every five years
- when applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16, both parents and the child need to appear in person or bring a notarized “Minor Consent” form signed by the absent parent
Why is Passport Day in the USA 2013 a big deal?
- It’s held on a Saturday so that you won’t have to take a day off work or pull the kids out of school
- No appointment is necessary on Passport Day in the USA 2013; normally appointments are required
You can also apply for your passport and/or passport card at participating non-State Department passport application acceptance
facilities such as post offices, clerks of court, and libraries. A complete list of participating non-State Department passport application acceptance facilities can be found here.
There will be special activities for children.
@TravelGov will host a live twitter Q&A on Monday, March 4 at 10 am – 11am EST. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Passport Services,
Brenda S. Sprague will answer questions for one hour. Tweet @TravelGov using #AskState. Join the conversation beginning March 4, using hashtag, #PPTDay. Daily passport tips and links to online resources can be found at Facebook.com/TravelGov starting March 4.
Did you like this post? Don’t want to miss any posts? You can follow me on Twitter or like me on Facebook. Simply sign up via the subscription links below. If you’d rather receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.