Here’s a summary of this week's miles and points offers, deals, and specials: Airlines Up…
Here’s a summary of this week’s miles and points offers, deals, and specials:
- 25% bonus when you transfer Membership Reward to Emirates.
- Free FICO Score from Barclays. You can get your FICO score for free if you have a Barclays card. This feature is available on several of the Barclays cards, including the Arrivals card and the US Airways card. Read my post for the workaround for the US Airways card.
- 2X Club Carlson bonus points on gas purchases. From November 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013 you can get 2X Club Carlson points on gas purchases, up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus points.
- Free Hilton Gold status if you have an American Express Platinum card. If you have an American Express Platinum card, you can get Hilton Gold status for free.
- Up to 35% bonus on purchased Alaska Airlines miles. You can get up to a 35% bonus when you purchase Alaska miles. While having a bonus is nice, buying miles isn’t a good idea unless you need a few to redeem for an award.
- Buy elite status on American Airlines. American is allowing you to buy elite status. You do have to have some flights and the cost varies depending on which elite status level you want to buy.
- See award availability on British Airways. You can view British Airways award seats and check availability on Expert Flyer.
- Double miles and double Medallion Qualifying Miles on Delta. You can get double miles and double Medallion Qualifying Miles on Delta flights booked by December 31, 2013, for travel through October 31, 2014. Double miles and double Medallion Qualifying Miles are valid on flights between Seattle (SEA) and Anchorage (ANC), Los Angeles (LAX), Las Vegas (LAS), Portland (PDX), San Diego (SAN), or San Francisco (SFO). Registration prior to booking is required.
- 100% bonus on purchased US Airways miles. You get a 100% bonus when you purchase US Airways miles. A 100% bonus is nice but the share bonus offered last month was better. Again, buying miles isn’t the best option unless you want to top off your account or plan to redeem for an award where it costs less for you to buy the miles than buying a ticket.
- Hilton eliminates points and fixed miles option. On January 6, 2014, you will no longer be able to get points and fixed miles when you book Hilton Hotels.
- Redeem Hyatt points at All-Inclusive hotels in Mexico. You can redeem your Hyatt points for an all-inclusive stay at the beachfront, all suite Hyatt Ziva and Hyatt Zilara all-inclusive resorts.
- Get up to a 25% discount on Starwood points. You can buy Starwood points and get up to a 25% discount.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.