Update: The credit card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our credit…
You can save money on travel with Daily Getaways.
Saving Money With Daily Getaways
Beginning May 19, 2014 to June 20, 2014, you can get great deals on travel, if you act fast.
Past Daily Getaways included:
- Travel packages (Las Vegas, New York, and more)
- Discounted theme park tickets (Sea World, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens, and more)
- Car rental discounts
- Hotel points
You can usually get the same travel deals each year. So if you missed out last year, you have a chance this year.
You’ll get an additional 10% discount when you use your American Express card. There’s a limit on how many of each offer you can buy.
Stay connected and act fast
You can buy Daily Getaways at 1pm EST daily. You might be able to purchase some deals in advance by liking a specific Facebook page. A code will be posted on the travel provider’s wall at Noon EST. So you’ll want to be near your computer, your smartphone or tablet.
There’s a limited number of Daily Getaways travel deals so you need to act quickly.
Daily Getaways great offers for weeks 1 and 2
Here’s a quick summary of the best Daily Getaways offers for May 19, 2014 to May 30, 2014.
You can get the best deals from the Daily Getaways I’ve marked as a “GREAT OFFER.”
Monday, May 19, 2014: Wyndham Points
- 14,000 Points for $84 (You can buy up to 2 sets of points)
- 32,000 Points for $192 (You can buy 1 set of points)
- 40,000 Points for $240 (You can buy 1 set of points)
- 60,000 Points for $360 (You can buy 1 set of points)
- 75,000 Points for $450 (You can buy 1 set of points)
GREAT OFFER: 75,000 Points for $450
2 Years of free flights
You earn Southwest Companion Qualifying points by transferring Wyndham points to Southwest.
Wyndham points transfer in increments of 6,000 points, so you can transfer 72,000 Wyndham points to 14,400 Southwest points. Points transferred from Wyndham to Southwest count towards earning the Southwest Companion Pass.
The Southwest Companion Pass allows a companion to fly free when you fly on Southwest.
Monday, May 26, 2014: IHG Points
- 15,000 Points for $100 (You can buy up to 5 sets of points)
- 25,000 Points for $167 (You can buy up to 4 sets of points)
- 50,000 Points for $325 (You can buy up to 4 sets of points)
- 100,000 Points for $630 (You can buy up to 3 sets of points)
GREAT OFFER: 100,000 Points for $630
1) Cheaper than cash
Depending on which IHG hotel you want to stay at, it could be cheaper to buy IHG points during the Daily Getaways than to pay cash for your hotel.
You could spend 15 nights at the Holiday Inn Resort Waikik Beachcomber for $100.
Or pay only $6.67 a night for a night in Hawaii!
2) 20 hotel nights for $31.50 a night
How are you going to save money on travel with the Daily Getaways?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.