Today is the last day to get a 50% bonus on Choice points. You can…
With Choice Hotels triple points promotion you can earn up to 50,000 bonus points.
Stay at any Choice Hotel to include Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria Suites®, Ascend Hotel Collection™, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® and Rodeway Inn® hotel from December 13, 2012 through February 20, 2013 and you will earn triples Choice Privileges points after your second stay.
Registration prior to your first stay is required.
3 Easy Steps to earn up to 50,000 bonus points:
- Register for the Choice Hotels triple points promotion, prior to staying, here.
- Book each stay at ChoiceHotels.com or 800.4CHOICE, at qualifying rates
- Complete a second stay and more at any participating Choice Hotel, receive triple points up to 50,000 bonus points.
Elite Diamond and Elite Platinum members will receive 100 additional Choice Privileges points when booking through ChoiceHotels.com.
A maximum of 50,000 bonus points will be awarded.
100 additional Choice Privileges points bonus for Elite Diamond and Platinum members do not count towards 50,000 bonus points.
Choice Privileges points are earned at a rate of 10 points per dollar spent.
Elite members receive:
10% bonus for Gold members
25% bonus for Platinum members
50% bonus for Diamond members
Is this deal worth it?
Let’s say you have no status with Choice Hotels and you need to stay 3 non consecutive nights at Hotel X part of the Choice Hotel family during December 13 – February 20, 2013 at the rate of $100 per night (gotta make the math easy for me) and have opted to earn points vs airline miles:
Using this example you’ll earn 7,000 points (1,000 points for the first stay at a rate of 10 pts/$1 and 3,000 points each for the second and third stay at a rate of 30 pts/$1).
Choice Hotel Privileges points can transfer to:
- airline miles (AeroMexico, Air Canada, Alaska, American, Delta, Southwest, Spirit, United, and US Airways) – 5,000 points equals 1,000 miles; 6,000 points for 1,800 Rapid Rewards credit. The complete list can be found here.
- car rentals (Avis and Budget). Details can be found here.
- Amtrak (this one’s for you, Chris) Details can be found here.
- cruises (in my opinion the transfer rate is extremely poor and not worth wasting points on) Details can be found here.
You could turn 5,000 of the earned points into 1,000 miles and still have 2,000 points leftover.
Same scenario but you elect to earn airline miles vs points: you’d earn 750 miles.
While not worthy of a mattress run, it doesn’t hurt to sign up, especially if you’re going to be staying at a Choice Hotel.
Summary of the fine print:
- Registration prior to stay is required
- Bookings must be made via ChoiceHotels.com or by calling 800.4.CHOICE.
- Travel agent and corporate online bookings also qualify
- Choice Privileges number must be provided at check in
- Reservations must be made at least 7, 14, 21 or 30 days in advance, depending on hotel policy
- Maximum of 50,000 bonus points can be earned. Exception: Elite Diamond and Platinum bonus for booking online.
- Points will post 72 hours after check out
- Qualifying rate is 15% off Best Available Rate, is non-cancellable, non-changeable and non-refundable
Have you remembered to register in advance for the Choice Hotels triple points up to 50,000 bonus points promotion?
If you hadn’t already planned to, will this promotion cause you to stay at Choice Hotels during the promotion period?
Did you like this post? Don’t want to miss any posts? You can Follow me on Twitter or Like me on Facebook. Simply sign up via the subscription links below. If you’d rather receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.