You can get up to triple Starwood points when you stay at Starwood hotels between September 15, 2014 through December 15, 2014.
Registration for Starwood’s More For You promotion is now open.
- Double Starwood points when you stay 2 more nights
- Triple Starwood points when your stay includes a Friday or Saturday night (Thursday or Friday night in the Middle East)
You have to register by October 31, 2014
- Here’s your 2 step way to earn unlimited up to 3X Starwood points:
- Double check your hotel
- Do I have to register before I stay at a Starwood hotel?
- What is an eligible stay?
- Cash & Points will kill the deal
- Do I earn double or triple points, if I use Cash & Points before a paid stay?
- How to get 2X and 3X points for stays after December 15, 2014
- Summary of the fine print
Here’s your 2 step way to earn unlimited up to 3X Starwood points:
- Register for the Starwood More For You Promotion by October 31, 2014
- Stay at a participating Starwood hotel or resort between September 15, 2014 to December 15, 2014
Double check your hotel
Not all Starwood hotels and resorts are participating in the More For You promotion. Check the list of Hotels & Resorts Not Participating in the Starwood More For You Night Promotion before you book your stay.
Don’t be scared off by the list of nonparticipating hotels, many hotels are participating. All the Starwood hotels and resorts in Hawaii are participating.
Do I have to register before I stay at a Starwood hotel?
No. As long as you register by October 31, 2014, all your eligible stays from September 15, 2014 will qualify. Even if you registered after your stay.
If you stay at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina from September 19, 2014 to September 21, 2014, but not register for the Starwood “More For You” promotion until October 30, 2014, and you’ll earn triple points for your stay.
What is an eligible stay?
You have to stay at least 2 nights at a participating Starwood hotel or resort. And you have to pay a qualifying rates.
Stays booked through online travel agencies like Expedia, Orbitz, and Travelocity don’t count.
Cash & Points will kill the deal
Do I earn double or triple points, if I use Cash & Points before a paid stay?
No. You will not earn double or triple Starwood points if you use Cash & Points before a paid stay.
So, if you book 1 night using Cash & Points and then the following 2 nights as a paid stay, you will not earn bonus Starwood points.
How to get 2X and 3X points for stays after December 15, 2014
You can get double and triple Starwood points for stays after December 15, 2014.
Book a stay that starts on December 14, 2014, and you will earn bonus Starwood points for your entire stay. So if you book December 14, 2014 to December 20, 2014, you’ll earn bonus Starwood points for six nights.
Summary of the fine print
- You earn 2x points for stays of 2 nights or more
- You earn 3X points for stays that include a Friday or Saturday night
- 3X points are earned on Thursday or Friday night stays in the Middle East
- You can earn an unlimited number of bonus Starwood points
- Bonus Starwood points will post 2 to 4 weeks after stay
Did you remember to register for the Starwood More For You promotion?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.