You can use gift cards on PayPal.
2 Easy Steps to Using Gift Cards on PayPal
1. Add prepaid gift card to your account
2. Make a payment or send money with your PayPal account
PayPal now accepts prepaid gift cards
While making a payment for the Little One’s (he’s no longer little and is as tall as me) competitive soccer team, I noticed something new on PayPal.
There was an alert “Now accepting prepaid gift cards.”
Intrigued, I decided to do an experiment because I just happened to have a Visa gift card.
After clicking the “Change” payment button, I was directed to a screen with 3 tabs: “Debit Card,” “Prepaid Gift Card,” and “Credit Card.”
I clicked on the “Prepaid Gift Card” tab and entered my prepaid Visa gift card to my PayPal account.
My payment method was now populated with my gift card information.
A simple click on “Pay Now” and my payment was confirmed. Success!
Where to buy gift cards
You can buy prepaid gift cards at many locations.
1. Office supply stores
2. CVS, Rite-Aid, Duane Reed and other pharmacies
3. Grocery stores
4. Gas stations
5. Simon Mall
4 Things you should know about using prepaid gift cards on PayPal
1. You can use any prepaid gift card including Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
2. You can not use prepaid gift cards for recurring payments. So prepaid gift cards won’t work for subscription payments.
3. Prepaid gift cards can’t be used as bank transfer backups.
4. Your PayPal account could get shut down if you are constantly deleted and adding prepaid gift cards to your account.
Have you used prepaid gift cards on PayPal?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Sign up via the subscription links below. To receive post updates by email, please use the box below.