Update: The credit card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our credit card page for the latest offers.
There’s only 1 day left to take advantage of the 35,000 Starpoint sign-up bonus. Here’s how to get the most value from 35,000 Starwood points.
How to Get the Most Value From 35,000 Starwood Points
You can get 35,000 Starwood points from the Starwood Preferred Guest Business credit card from American Express
- Earn 25,000 points after spending $6,000 in purchases in the first three months
- Spend an extra $4,000 in purchases in the first six months and earn an extra 10,000 points
- Earn 5 points per dollar spent at Starwood hotels
- 2 points per dollar spent at Marriott hotels
- 1 point per dollar spent everywhere else
- Free Premium Wi-Fi in your hotel room
- Free access to Sheraton Club lounge
- Unlimited free Boingo Wi-Fi
- Credit for 5 nights and 2 stays each year towards elite status
- Free SPG Gold elite status after spending $30,000 in a calendar year
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee (waived for the first year)
- Apply by November 1, 2017
- Terms and conditions apply
There are so many ways to use your Starpoints. You can redeem them for airline tickets, use for special events, or get free hotel nights. Because there are so many other ways to earn airline miles, I like using my Starpoints for free hotel rooms.
Pro-tip: You get free Sheraton Club Lounge access with the Starwood Preferred Guest Business credit card from American Express. The lounges offer free breakfast, snacks, evening appetizers, and drinks. Which means you’ll save money on food!
Here’s how to get the most free nights using 35,000 Starwood points. Starwood has 2,103 hotels throughout the world. Free nights start at 3,000 points.
11 Free Nights
There are 113 Starwood category 1 hotels in the world. These hotels only cost 3,000 points a night! With 35,000 points, you can get 11 nights for free at hotels like:
- Sheraton Lampung Hotel in Indonesia
- Le Meridien N’Fis in Morroco
- Four Points by Sheraton Agra in India
8 Free Nights
Starwood Category 2 hotels cost 4,000 points per night. You can use your 35,000 bonus to get 8 free nights at hotels like:
- Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort in Florida (3 minutes from Disney World!)
- Aloft Cancun in Mexico
- Aloft Liverpool in England
5 Free Nights
A free night at a Category 3 Starwood hotel cost 7,000 points. With 35,000 points you can get 5 free nights at hotels like:
- Four Points by Sheraton Ventura Harbor Resort in California
- The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa in Nevada
- Le Meridien ile Maurice in Mauritius
3 Free Nights
You can get 3 free nights at a Category 4 hotel like:
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay in Hawaii
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas in Australia
- The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Fiji
2 Free Nights
With 35,000 Starpoints you can stay 2 nights at a Category 5 hotels like:
- Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel in New York
- The Ballantyne, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Charlotte in North Carolina
- Le Meridien Fisherman’s Cove in the Seychelles
1 Free Night
You can get a free night at a Category 6 or 7 hotel like:
- The Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas in Hawaii
- 101 Hotel, Reykjavik, a Member of Design Hotels in Iceland
- St. Regis Bora Bora Resort in French Polynesia
There’s only 1 day left to get the 35,000 bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card.
You can transfer Starpoints to airline miles. With every 20,000 points you transfer, you get a 5,000 mile bonus. Because there are lots of ways to earn airline miles, you get more value when you use your points for free hotel nights.
Depending on how you use your points, you can get up to 11 free nights! That’s one long vacation or several short vacations.
How are you using your 35,000 points?
Comment, share this post, tweet, or give me a +1.
Get the best credit card bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.