Update: The credit card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our credit card page for the latest offers.
You can get a 30,000 point bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest Amex cards (personal and business) after spending $3,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of opening your account. But you have to apply by September 14, 2015.
Starwood Preferred Guest Amex 30,000 Points
With the SPG Amex card you get:
- 2 Starwood points per $1 spent at Starwood hotels
- 1 Starwood point per $1 spent on everything else
- Free in-room premium Wi-Fi (at participating hotels)
- Free unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi hotspot use (on up to four devices)
- Free access to Sheraton Club lounges (free breakfast, snacks and drinks) for SPG American Express Business cardholder and 1 guest
- 2 stay credits or 5 nights credit toward Starwood elite status
- No foreign transaction fees
- $95 annual fee is waived for the first year
- Terms & limitations apply
Using Starwood Points
You can use Starwood points for stays at Starwood hotels including:
- Element Hotels
- Four Points by Sheraton
- Le Meridien
- St. Regis
- The Luxury Collection
- W Hotels
And you can also transfer them to airline partners. With some airlines, you get a 5,000 point bonus when you transfer 20,000 Starwood points. So 20,000 Starwood points transferred to an airline like American Airlines becomes 25,000 American Airlines miles, enough to fly to Hawaii. 🙂
Getting the Sign-Up Bonus Again
With American Express personal cards, you can only get the sign-up bonus once.
However, you can get the sign-up bonus again on Amex business cards. So if you’ve gotten the SPG Amex Business card in the past, you can apply again.
But if you’ve had the personal SPG card in the past, you can’t get the sign-up bonus again. But you can get it again on the Starwood Amex business card.
Now that the bonus is 30,000 points, will you be applying for an SPG card?
Did you like this post? Feel free to comment below, share this post, or give me a +1.
Want to get more travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? To receive post updates by email, please use the subscription box below.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with Your Best Credit Cards for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and YBCC may receive a commission from card issuers.