US Open Exclusive Invitation and AMEX SPG are partnering and offering a US Open Exclusive…
Update: The credit card offer in this post is no longer available. Check our credit card page for the latest offers.
Now’s your chance to earn a 35,000 point signup bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card from American Express. The usual signup bonus is 25,000 points so this is a good deal. Keep reading to find out more about this offer and the ways to use Starpoints.
35,000 Point Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card
You can earn a 35,000 point bonus after spending $7,000 in purchases in the first three months on the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card. But this offer ends on March 28, 2018.
When the bonus was offered last year the required spending was $8,000, this year it’s only $7,000. But you have to spend the $7,000 in the first three months.
- Limited time offer! Earn 35,000 bonus Starpoints® after you use your new Card to make $7,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Offer ends 3/28/18.
- Earn 2 Starpoints® for each dollar of eligible purchases at participating SPG® & Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- Earn 1 Starpoint® for all other purchases.
- Free premium Wi-Fi in your hotel room
- Complimentary access to the Sheraton Club Lounge
- Redeem Starpoints® for free nights at over 1,300 hotels & resorts in over 100 countries and for free flights on over 150 airlines with SPG Flights. Some hotels and resorts may have mandatory service charges.
- Credit for 5 nights and 2 stays each year towards elite status
- SPG Gold elite status after spending $30,000 in a calendar year
- Free, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- OPEN Savings discounts on select purchases (ends June 1, 2018)
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on international purchases
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Terms Apply
Extra Card Benefits
The SPG Business Amex card also offers these benefits:
- Purchase protection
- Extended warranty
- Car rental loss and damage insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Baggage insurance plan
- Roadside assistance hotline
- Global Assist Hotline
Ways to Use Starpoints
I didn’t include it in my top 5 travel rewards cards because some places don’t take American Express. But this is one of my favorite travel rewards cards. The Starwood Preferred Guest Business card is one of my “never going to cancel” cards because it’s so versatile.
You can use Starpoints to stay at Starwood, Marriott and Ritz-Carlton hotels. You can transfer your Starpoints to Marriott at a 1:3 ratio.
Pro-tip: Your Starpoints are more valuable than Marriott points. Save your points for Starwood hotels or airline tickets. Here’s how to get the most value from 35,000 points.
You get the most value from your points when you transfer them to airlines. Starpoints are transferable to most airlines at 1:1 ratio.
This is one of my favorite uses of Starpoints.
When you transfer 20,000 points you get a 5,000 point bonus. So 20,000 Starpoints becomes 25,000 miles. This will get you a one-way ticket to Hawaii!
The 35,000 point bonus on Starwood Preferred Guest Business card (42,000 after completing your minimum spending) would get you 50,000 miles. (40,000 points + 10,000 bonus points).
Where you could fly with 50,000 miles:
- Roundtrip coach ticket to Hawaii
- Roundtrip Business/First Class ticket in the US (except, Hawaii & Alaska)
- Roundtrip coach ticket to the Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico
- One-way ticket to South America like Argentina, Europe, Middle East, Indian Subcontinent like the Maldives, Africa, Asia, and the South Pacific like Australia
SPG Moments & Broadway Tickets
You can also use Starpoints to bid on concerts and sporting events like the World Series. Or use your points to get free Broadway tickets.
Imagine all the things you can do with 35,000 Starwood points. For a limited time, you can earn a 35,000 point signup bonus on the Starwood Preferred Guest Business card after spending $7,000 on purchases in the first three months. This is the highest offer for the SPG Amex Business card but it ends on March 28, 2018.
I love my Starwood Preferred Guest Business card. With free access to the Sheraton Club Lounge, I can book a cheap room and get free drinks and meals. Which means more money in my pocket!
You can only get the signup bonus once on American Express cards. So if you’ve already gotten this card in the past, you can’t get the bonus again.
My favorite way to use Starpoints is to transfer them to airlines. What’s your favorite way to use Starpoints?
Comment, share this post, tweet, or give me a +1.
Get the best credit card signup bonuses.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Traveling Well For Less has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling Well For Less and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.