October is one of the best months for families to visit San Diego. Not only are there fewer crowds you’ll also save money. Because of Kids Free October.
Families Save Money During Kids Free October
Traveling can be expensive, especially when you have children. That’s why we love using miles and points to reduce our costs and get trips to places like Hawaii for practically free.
But not everyone has miles and points. Some people don’t like using credit cards. Thank goodness for Kids Free October!
Kids Free October is one of the best deals for families.
This yearly event is an easy way to enjoy a trip to San Diego on a budget.
You’ll save on hundreds of attractions, activities, and meals when you visit San Diego in October.
San Diego Zoo
No visit to San Diego is complete without a visit to the world-famous San Diego Zoo. One paid adult admission gets up to 10 children age 11 and younger free admission.
Pro-tip: Maximize your savings with up to a 30% discount on adult tickets.
Read reviews of the San Diego Zoo.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
A visit to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park is your chance to go on a safari without leaving the country. Be sure to check out the newest exhibits: Walkabout Australia and the Lemur Walk. Free child admission with a purchase of an adult ticket.
Pro-tip: The best time to visit is in the morning. You’ll get to see more animals and it won’t be as hot.
Read reviews of the San Diego Zoo Safari Park.
Grab your 30% discount on an adult ticket.
Legoland where everything is awesome. Who doesn’t love thrilling rides and miniature cities made from Legos? Kids get free entry with an adult ticket.
Pro-tip: You need a separate ticket for Brick-or-Treat.
Read reviews of Legoland.
Download a coupon so your two children age 12 and younger get free admission with one paid adult admission at:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps
- Bonita Museum & Cultural Center
- California Center for the Arts Museum
- California Surf Museum
- Coronado Museum of History & Art
- Fleet Science Center (Galleries only)
- Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum
- Gaslamp Museum at the Davis-Horton House
- Heritage of the Americas Museum
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- Living Coast Discovery Center
- Lux Art Institute
- Maritime Museum of San Diego
- Marston House Museum & Gardens
- Miniature Engineering Craftsmanship Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- New Americans Museum
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Air & Space Museum
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Art Institute
- San Diego Automotive Museum
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
Pro-tip: Keep your email off a list by picking up a coupon from Mission Federal Credit Union.
Kids 12 and under can eat free at these restaurants and hotels in San Diego during October. Click on each offer to read the details. Hotel stay is NOT required except where indicated.
- Bahia Resort Hotel
- Bay Club Hotel & Marina
- Bayside Bar & Grill at the Best Western Bayside
- Best Western Plus Island Palms
- Blue Pearl at the Dana on Mission Bay (hotel stay required)
- Bristol Hotel (hotel stay required)
- Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
- Courtyard by Marriott Downtown
- Dana on Mission Bay (hotel stay required)
- Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle (hotel stay required)
- DoubleTree San Diego Downtown
- Embassy Suites San Diego – La Jolla
- Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Downtown Bayside
- Hilton San Diego Airport – Harbor Island (hotel stay required)
- Hilton San Diego Del Mar
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (2 kids eat free per paid adult)
- Hilton San Diego Mission Valley
- Holiday Inn San Diego Bayside
- Homewood Suites San Diego Downtown/Bayside
- Homewood Suites San Diego Hotel Circle (hotel stay required)
- Hotel Republic San Diego
- Hotel Solamar (hotel stay required)
- Humphrey’s La Jolla Grill at the Sheraton La Jolla
- Humphreys Restaurant at Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites (hotel stay required)
- Kings Inn (hotel stay required)
- Lafayette Hotel, Swim Club & Bungalows
- Lowe’s Coronado Bay Resort
- Marina Kitchen at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
- Quality Suites Mission Valley
- Sally’s Fish House at the Grand Hyatt San Diego
- Sheraton La Jolla
- Zumbido at Omni San Diego Hotel
As part of Kids Free October, your children stay for free at the San Diego RV Resort.
Read these posts on San Diego hotels:
- A San Diego Waterfront Hotel Secluded Paradise for the Value Oriented
- Three Family Friendly San Diego Hotels to Stay on Points
- Andaz San Diego
- Hyatt Place San Diego-Vista Carlsbad Review
Your kids get free gifts when you stay at one of these hotels:
- Best Western Mission Bay
- Bristol Hotel
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo Seaworld area
- Empress Hotel La Jolla
- Homewood Suites San Diego Hotel Circle
- Hotel Karlan
- Hotel Solamar
- Hotel Z
- Ocean Park Inn
- Paradise Point
- Pendry San Diego
You’ll save money on your trip to San Diego when you take advantage of Kids Free October.
Kids age 11 and under get free admission to the most popular San Diego attractions, activities, and museums. And that’s not all. They eat free at participating restaurants, get free welcome gifts at select hotels, and can even stay for free!
Where will you take your kids for free in October?
Comment, share this post, tweet, or give me a +1.
Got a question? Or want help, suggestions, travel tips, learn how to travel for free, find out about travel deals, and maximize your miles and points? Use the subscription box below to sign-up and get post updates by email.
Read our blog via RSS feed.